[Rpm-maint] Multiple ABI architectures (parallel installation, detection, handling)

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu Nov 3 16:23:49 UTC 2011

On 10/21/2011 10:20 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> long term maybe we can do something better. right now im looking for a
> way to enable yum to detect the arches correctly without it resorting
> to things like running readelf to determine the abi of the running
> system.  since its noarch we cant just patch things in conditionally.

BTW I was under the impression the ABI information for hard vs softfp
simply DOES NOT EXIST in the ELF headers (or anywhere else for that
matter). If
http://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatPort/VfpComparison#ld.so_hwcaps is
wrong (or I'm misreading it) and you know of a way to detect it
afterall, do let me know.