[Rpm-maint] Help on creating a new rpm from .zip

devzero2000 pinto.elia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 15:20:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 11:55 AM, anil arige <arige.anil at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Need help in creating a new rpm from a .zip file . The .zip file has few
> .sql files which needs to be executed when tried to install this rpm.

I am not sure to correctly understand your question. Anyway. RPM(or any
package manager IMHO) is not so useful for executing something in general,
but yes sometime can be useful to have a configuration rpm.

I have written iirc a toy tool for this, it is on github.

I attach  an example - more complex of your - that create, in particular, a
table. The principal point is execute the action in the %pre stanza and
abort if the action(s) fail.

Hope this help

Regards