[Rpm-maint] RPM 4.10.0 alpha released

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Mon Apr 23 08:25:44 UTC 2012

On 04/20/2012 06:05 PM, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 09:43:10PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>> Of course we can just slap in a new rpmlib() dependency for packages
>> with tilde in the version, that'll at least prevent older rpm's getting
>> confused and provide a hint to users that it requires a newer rpm.
>> This ignores the possible old packages with tilde in version and there
>> probably are further subtleties to consider, but with an added rpmlib()
>> dependency to prevent the most obvious mixups, I think I could live with
>> the rest.
>
> Ok, how about the attached patch (better names for the rpmlib()
> dependency welcome)?

Apart from the parsePreamble.c hunk not applying (patch apparently
against 4.9.x) and two little thinkos wrt rpm typedef braindamage
(Header is already a pointer so you need "Header h", not "Header *h"
typically), yes this is fine by me.

Applied (with the above issues fixed) and pushed to the master branch
now. I suppose it looks safe enough to go into 4.10 as well as despite
adding a big pile of strange corner-case rpmvercmp() tests I'm not
seeing any regressions.

Thanks,