[Rpm-maint] The Future of Yum

Michael Schroeder mls at suse.de
Wed Feb 1 17:10:25 UTC 2012

Hi Ales!

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 05:40:39PM +0100, Ales Kozumplik wrote:
> Because libsolv's abstractions are below the level of what a client
> application (like rpm or yum) would like to deal with, we will have to
> build a suitable higher level API around it, something I have actually
> started working on, calling the new interface Hawkey [2].

The repo currently looks more like a fork of libsolv. I'd prefer
if hawkey would build more like libzypp, i.e. link against libsolv.

Also, don't hesitate to push back any changes you need in
libsolv back to the libsolv repo (e.g. the bitmap.c changes).

Cheers,
  Michael.

Michael Schroeder                                   mls at suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg