[Rpm-maint] RPMSIGTAG_RSA - parse

Miroslaw Zurek zurek.miroslaw at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 13:21:47 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

I don't know it is correct mailing list for my question but I will try.

I have a little problem with getting signature from RPM package. I
know that I can use

RPMSIGTAG_RSA - internal RSA header signature.

http://rpm.org/api/4.9.0/group__signature.html

There are two lines from my code:

if(1 == headerGet(header, RPMSIGTAG_RSA, td, HEADERGET_DEFAULT)) {
    if(RPM_BIN_TYPE == rpmtdType(td)) {

I have data in the td->data but I don't know how to correct parse it.
I haven't found data structure that describes RSA signature. I know
that offset 10 in td->data has a signature but I would like to use
better solution because if something will be changed a data structure
should save me against this problem.

Regards,
Miroslaw Zurek