[Rpm-maint] Unified set of security hooks for rpm

Reshetova, Elena elena.reshetova at intel.com
Fri Sep 14 11:52:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have been writing to the list a while back proposing a set of security
hooks that we need for rpm in Tizen.

I have discussed with SELinux guys (in CC) and we agreed that can should try
to define a unified interface that they can also use.

This would allow to move currently partly integrated SELinux code outside of
rpm to the security plugin code.

One question that we have is what is the best way to define a plugin
interface for rpm?

Should we define just security-related hooks and embed currently existing
collection plugin hooks  into it

or are there any plans for bigger rpm plugin interface that security hooks
should be part of?

I can start working on the patch to define the combined set of hooks as soon
as I am sure I am not going to do

smth that  is fully unaligned with rpm future plans.

Best Regards,
Elena.