[Rpm-maint] rpm --verify and replaced files

Michael Schroeder mls at suse.de
Mon Apr 8 12:00:27 UTC 2013

Hi fellow rpm hackers,

as this comes up from time to time in our bugzilla:

What's the point of not showing replaced files in 'rpm --verify'?
I thought it is done this way so that multilib replacements are
not reported as errors, but they have their own file state
(RPMFILE_STATE_WRONGCOLOR).

Files have been replaced and the package is broken, but rpm does not
report anything when verifying the package? Just because another
package was installed with '--force'?

Cheers,
  Michael.

Michael Schroeder                                   mls at suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg