[Rpm-maint] rpm --verify and replaced files

Michael Schroeder mls at suse.de
Tue Apr 9 08:57:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 10:40:42AM +0200, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> Yes, that would work for me. Another easy bandaid is to add an option
> to make verify report bad replaced files.

Speaking of new options, do you mind adding a new "--noposttrans" option
that makes rpm not execute the posttrans scriptlets when installing a
package?

I know it's a bit of a special case, but I need it for our zypp stack
that doesn't do a big transaction, but calls rpm for every transaction
step. Currently the posttrans scriptlets get called for every step, I
want to make the semantics be a bit more correct.

Using a single rpm call for every transaction element is done to
be more flexible in case of an error, we can offer to retry or skip
the step if rpm crashes or there's some other problem.

Cheers,
  Michael.

Michael Schroeder                                   mls at suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg