[Rpm-maint] rpm --verify and replaced files

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Apr 9 09:25:04 UTC 2013

On 04/09/2013 11:57 AM, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 10:40:42AM +0200, Michael Schroeder wrote:
>> Yes, that would work for me. Another easy bandaid is to add an option
>> to make verify report bad replaced files.
>
> Speaking of new options, do you mind adding a new "--noposttrans" option
> that makes rpm not execute the posttrans scriptlets when installing a
> package?

No objections. All the other scriptlet types have specific
disabler-switches, adding them for %pretrans and %posttrans would make
things more consistent. The only reason for lumping them together with
--nopre and --nopost back then was the rpmtransFlags bitfield was pretty
much maxed out, but there's room for a few bits again.

What I'd *really* want to do is to split the scriptlet control flags to
a bitfield of their own, but doing that without breaking compatibility
is more work than I've managed to interest myself in so far :)