[Rpm-maint] Patch for check-files

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Fri Apr 26 09:37:42 UTC 2013

On 04/11/2013 11:13 PM, Archie Cobbs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a little patch does a couple of things for the check-files script:
>
>     - Eliminates the use of one of the two temporary files
>     - Ensures the other temporary file gets cleaned up in all termination
>     scenarios
>     - Performs the difference check more efficiently

Applied, thanks for the patch!

As you noticed, the extra error check unnecessarily complains about
empty packages. But rather than remove it entirely, I changed it a
little bit to emit an error in case buildroot exists but is not a directory:

if [ ! -d "${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}" ] ; then
         cat > /dev/null
         if [ -e "${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}" ] ; then
                 echo "Error: \`${RPM_BUILD_ROOT}' is not a directory" 1>&2
         fi
         exit 1
fi

> Looks like strangers aren't allowed to file bugs with patches so I'm
> sending it here.

Yup, unfortunately we need to keep the Trac instance fairly tightly
locked up due to spam abuse. I've added you to the bugreporter group now
so in the future you'll be able to create tickets at rpm.org.