[Rpm-maint] AArch64 support

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Fri Feb 15 10:44:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

Sorry for the late response, this has gotten buried in the rather
unusual flood of mail and patches of late...

On 01/29/2013 10:36 PM, Mark Salter wrote:
> Here is a patch which adds support for AArch64 architecture. This is
> just basic support and further support (i.e. auxv parsing) may be desired.
> It is pretty straightforward except for the hunk in installplatform which
> sets LIB=${LIB}64. The existing test does this for linux and CANONCOLOR 3.
> Aarch64 is CANONCOLOR 2, but still wants to use lib64 for the libdir.

Hmm, aarch64 is not a "multilib architecture"? Or is it just to keep
things simple by not allowing multilib despite the hardware being
capable of it? (I'm mostly just curious, but also related to the libdir
thing)

> -  if [ "$OS" = "linux" ] && [ "$CANONCOLOR" = 3 ]; then
> +  if [ "$OS" = "linux" ] && [ "$CANONCOLOR" = 3 ] || [ "$ISANAME" = "aarch" ]; then
>         LIB=${LIB}64
>     fi

Hmm... this always was klunky, but adding individual archs as special
cases is not going to work in the long run. So if aarch64 really isn't
CANONCOLOR 3, I think its better to move the LIB setting into the above
switch for the architectures that want it to make it clear and explicit.