[Rpm-maint] FSM hooks for rpm plugin

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Fri Feb 22 10:25:13 UTC 2013

On 02/20/2013 11:01 AM, Reshetova, Elena wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Hi, sorry about the delay... the recent patch-flood on rpm-maint caught me by
>> surprise :)
> Patch flood is always good, total silence is much worse :)

Heh, yup :)

>> I've cleaned it up somewhat now, for example the early return was just plain
>> wrong as it would've leaked resources all over the place. But then it also
>> was a case that could never be reached at all...
>> The code still looks suspicious in many places and wants further inspection
>> and sanitizing but achieving symmetrical behavior for the hooks might
>> actually be possible now. At least its *closer* to that target if not there
>> yet :)
>
> I think it looks much better now and integrating hooks to it is a pleasure. I
> am attaching the new version. Hope I didn't miss any strange case, but it
> looked very easy now after your change!

I'm actually going to be mildly surprised if there aren't any strange
cases we've missed wrt hard links or such :) Anyway, the patch looks as
obviously-correct as it gets within fsm. Applied, thanks for the patch!

Also with this patch in place, I think all the required bits and pieces
for moving the entire selinux support into a plugin are there now. Wohoo :)