[Rpm-maint] FSM hooks for rpm plugin

Reshetova, Elena elena.reshetova at intel.com
Fri Feb 22 10:51:32 UTC 2013

>I'm actually going to be mildly surprised if there aren't any strange cases
>we've missed wrt hard links or such :) Anyway, the patch looks as
>obviously-correct as it gets within fsm. Applied, thanks for the patch!

Yeah, but I guess we will hopefully find it out soon, when we will be using
the hooks :)

>Also with this patch in place, I think all the required bits and pieces for
>moving the entire selinux support into a plugin are there now. Wohoo :)

This is actually my next question: how should we proceed? There are still some
hooks (like handling conflicts and policy enforcement on signatures) that I
would like to be present in rpm (I think other systems like SELinux might
benefit from them too), and also we were thinking about rearranging the plugin
initialization and etc.  Or should we first try to move the SELinux to plugin
to verify that the basic set of hooks works for it?

Best Regards,
Elena.