[Rpm-maint] FSM hooks for rpm plugin

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Fri Feb 22 13:08:24 UTC 2013

On 02/22/2013 11:51 AM, Reshetova, Elena wrote:
>> I'm actually going to be mildly surprised if there aren't any strange cases
>> we've missed wrt hard links or such :) Anyway, the patch looks as
>> obviously-correct as it gets within fsm. Applied, thanks for the patch!
>
> Yeah, but I guess we will hopefully find it out soon, when we will be using
> the hooks :)
>
>> Also with this patch in place, I think all the required bits and pieces for
>> moving the entire selinux support into a plugin are there now. Wohoo :)
>
> This is actually my next question: how should we proceed? There are still some
> hooks (like handling conflicts and policy enforcement on signatures) that I
> would like to be present in rpm (I think other systems like SELinux might
> benefit from them too), and also we were thinking about rearranging the plugin
> initialization and etc.  Or should we first try to move the SELinux to plugin
> to verify that the basic set of hooks works for it?

My plan is to get the SELinux plugin done ASAP, just to see how things
work out in practise. On paper the current hook set should be easily
sufficient to for the job, but you never *really* know until you try it :)

Dont worry about the SELinux stuff, I'll take care of that. So feel free
to start looking into the remaining hooks and plugin initialization
rework - they shouldn't affect the SELinux plugin much as all the
initialization it needs can happen (and does in my prototype plugin)
from TSM_PRE.