[Rpm-maint] newly registered user cannot submit new tickets to Trac

Adam Spiers rpm at adamspiers.org
Thu Jan 31 12:49:35 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Adam Spiers <rpm at adamspiers.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a custom Requires dependency generator which I just noticed was
> silently failing with a non-zero exit code due to an issue with the
> input data it uses.  I was surprised that the rpmbuild run did not
> fail in this case, so I looked more closely and found that this
> appears to be deliberate behaviour:
>
>   http://rpm.org/gitweb?p=rpm.git;a=blob;f=build/rpmfc.c;h=990abab980ccd4fb4774ddc1888973c7bf0e06b7;hb=HEAD#l1147

[snipped]

> Therefore I would like to propose changing this behaviour.  Presumably
> it would be easy to change any generators which currently rely on
> failure being tolerated, so that they return success?

As per http://www.rpm.org/wiki/ReportingBugs, I registered a new
account on the rpm.org Trac and tried to submit a new ticket to track
this issue via http://www.rpm.org/newticket, but I got the following
error:

    TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation

Is that an issue with the system?

Thanks,
Adam