[Rpm-maint] Getting make check to work

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Mar 6 08:44:03 UTC 2013

On 03/05/2013 11:15 PM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am probably doing something wrong with configuring, but I cannot get
> make check to work with the attached patch. And even with that half of
> the tests fail because for some reason there is a literal '${prefix}'
> string used somewhat that cause the creation of an extra directory
> tests/testing\$\{prefix\}/ next to the tests/testing one which contains
> just var/lib/rpm/
>
> I also tried with srcdir == builddir and with the latest release
> 4.10.3.1 instead of a git checkout and on fedora 18. But the issue
> is always the same with lots of failures because something seems to
> use '${prefix}' literally.
>
> I am configuring with: --with-external-db \
>    CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/nspr4 -I/usr/include/nss3 -I/usr/include/db4"
>
> Does this ring any bell?

Indeed it does... there's an ages old flaw in the configure/make system
that causes this unless you pass an explicit --prefix or --localstatedir
to configure. Should really do something about it, just never gotten
around to it :-/

Meanwhile, the patch looks ok ("make check" still worksforme :) ->
applied, thanks.