[Rpm-maint] Getting make check to work

Mark Wielaard mjw at redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 12:12:50 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 10:44 +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On 03/05/2013 11:15 PM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > I also tried with srcdir == builddir and with the latest release
> > 4.10.3.1 instead of a git checkout and on fedora 18. But the issue
> > is always the same with lots of failures because something seems to
> > use '${prefix}' literally.
> >
> > I am configuring with: --with-external-db \
> >    CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/nspr4 -I/usr/include/nss3 -I/usr/include/db4"
> >
> > Does this ring any bell?
>
> Indeed it does... there's an ages old flaw in the configure/make system
> that causes this unless you pass an explicit --prefix or --localstatedir
> to configure. Should really do something about it, just never gotten
> around to it :-/

Aha, thanks. Would you mind providing the way you setup things to get
make check to work? I assume you are using srcdir == buildir and some
--prefix= configure flag. But which one? Using --prefix=/usr doesn't
really seem to help, still lots of failures. --prefix=/tmp just says
that it cannot create testing/tmp... --prefix=/usr/local/rpm gives 116
failed out of 266 run (I dunno what to expect, but that seems a rather
high number of failures).

Thanks,

Mark