[Rpm-maint] FSM hooks for rpm plugin

Reshetova, Elena elena.reshetova at intel.com
Wed Mar 6 15:01:16 UTC 2013

>What's missing is that another call to the hook is needed in fsmMkdirs() for
>the unowned directories, and there we should perhaps pass in the "unowned"
>aspect somehow. Having a separate argument for that seems like an overkill
>though... maybe we could pass that piece of info in the action argument
>instead. One possibility could be adding a new action, eg FA_CREATEUNOWNED
>that could be used for unowned directories (and files, but there aren't any
>currently). Or we could define the action as a partial bitfield: leave the
>existing actions alone but reserve the "upper" byte for special bits, such as
>"unknown". I had some other use-case for turning it into (partial) bitfield
>but can't remember what it was right now.

I think bitfield would be better in this case: if one start introduce actions
FA_CREATEUNOWNED, then why not have FA_CREATELINK and etc. I will add hook
calling for mkdirs, but I think it is better that you do a change of actions
in a separate commit. Continue on bit field idea, it would be great for
plugins to get the basic info about  the file acted upon from action also: so
, if we are adding unowned bit, should the basic bits indicating hard or sym
link be also supplied in action? Like action could point that it is creation
of symlink or removal of hard link. Is it too bad idea?

Best Regards,
Elena.