[Rpm-maint] How to create RPM with volatile files

prashant tyagi prashant.2006tyagi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 16:29:57 UTC 2013

Hi Kamil,

I have tried these directives but they doesn't solve my purpose.

I have few files which can be changed (for example config files), but when
we run rpm -verify.
RPM should not show any checksum or size issue.

Please let me know how this is possible.

FYI, we have -v file type in HP-UX depot to declare a file as volatile file.

Thanks...