[Rpm-maint] RPM 4.12.0 rc1 released

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 11:51:03 UTC 2014

On 27 August 2014 12:06, Panu Matilainen <pmatilai at laiskiainen.org> wrote:
> That change went into rpm 4.10 already, http://rpm.org/wiki/Releases/4.10.0
> mentions:
>
> * %pretrans scriptlet failure now fails the install of the package
> (similarly to %pre and %preun semantics)
>
> The %pretrans change in 4.12 that might well affect a test-suite is:
> * Fix $1 argument to %pretrans, %posttrans and %verifyscript to behave like
> all other scripts
>
> Ie if you're testing that %pretrans (or the other two) scripts are always
> (incorrectly) receiving zero as the first argument, that could trip you up.

Sorry, a test was disabled on rpm-4.10+ but we failed to parse version string
with "RC" in it...

Else, for the record like beta1+patches, both  URPM & urpmi testsuite
patches after adapting to new weak tags.

Previously, we only handled suggests among the 4 weak deps tags (whereas
we should have used Recommends instead & we should have ignored Suggests)
so I'm considering switching from suggests to recommends as the only
tag supported by URPM/urpmi (with a mga specific patch for rpm that makes
recommendnevrsTag() try new RECOMMENDNAME then OLDSUGGESTSNAME
_without_ the strong hint).