[Rpm-maint] installroot and NSS modules

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Jan 28 22:08:14 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 4:16 AM, Panu Matilainen
<pmatilai at laiskiainen.org> wrote:

> Rpm 4.6 - 4.11.0 are buggy on non-trivial nsswitch setups due to my
> less-than-brilliant idea (wish I knew what I was thinking at the
> time...) See
> http://rpm.org/gitweb?p=rpm.git;a=commitdiff;h=abbf4897db217b4977b4c21eb09929c797ee015d.

So now we consistently use the nss configuration from the "host" side?
If so I think that makes sense.  What I ended up doing is just
installing nss-altfiles on the host side - it's harmless there if
/usr/lib/passwd doesn't exist.

I think this OK, but long term, I'd like to move towards something more
declarative, like:

AddSystemUser: polkit

That could then be processed by the host system however it wants,
rather than
relying on running /usr/sbin/useradd inside the chroot which then the
host system
picks up.