[Rpm-maint] RPM 4.13.0-alpha released

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 13:41:10 UTC 2015

On 24 July 2015 at 13:48, Florian Festi <ffesti at redhat.com> wrote:
> Time to wrap things up and stabilize all that changes to a new release.
> There are two big new features that we hope to get feedback on:
>
>  * Boolean (aka "Rich") Dependencies
>  * File triggers

One limitation of this implementation is that we fire more triggers
that in Mageia implementation.
The old implementation enables us to matches a RE against the full
path, so that we would eg: only run ldconfig when there were
new/updated *.so files in /lib{,64} but now it's fired whenever a perl
module or a tex packages install sg in eg /usr/lib/perl/ ...
This can also contribute to the issue of having FT on the same directory.
It would be nice to able to provide path as a RE...