[Rpm-maint] AutoRequires + RemovePathPostfixes issue

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Fri Dec 4 00:28:20 UTC 2015

On 03/12/15 23:46, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> I noticed that the requires are determined from the list of files
> _after_ removing path suffixes.  I would think the requires should
> be determined _before_ this processing is done so that the actual
> files added to the rpm are inspected.
>
> The same probably applies for auto provides etc.
> though file provides should continue to use the file names _after_ processing.
>
> In summary, content inspection should happen with orig names,
> and name inspection should happen with adjusted names.
>
> I don't have create privs on trac to report the bug there.

I had a very quick look at the code.
It seems to do:

  processBinaryFiles
    processPackageFiles
      genCpioListAndHeader
        RemovePathSuffixes
    rpmfcGenerateDepends

when perhaps it might do:

  processBinaryFiles
    rpmfcGenerateContentDepends
    processPackageFiles
      genCpioListAndHeader
        RemovePathSuffixes
    rpmfcGeneratePathDepends

I should also note that I was able to work around the issue
in my package, using %global _use_internal_dependency_generator 0,
and in my custom require script, keying on a file specific
to the sub-package with RemovePathPostfixes, and adding back
the suffixes, before passing to rpmdeps.

cheers,
Pádraig.