[Rpm-maint] whitelisting/wrapping script execution

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Feb 12 22:02:50 UTC 2015

10 months later, I finally made some progress on this. See:

https://github.com/hughsie/libhif/pull/39

Which is used by: https://github.com/projectatomic/rpm-ostree/pull/107

However, to make this more useful, I'd like to move forward on having
"known OSTree safe" scriptlets (e.g. ldconfig) in known to RPM. Any
thoughts on that?

By far the simplest approach would be moving as much as possible to
%posttrans. For things like ldconfig, it *almost* works except for the
case of %post which executes a binary that uses a new shared library
introduced by a previous package in the transaction. We could change
librpm to automatically delete /etc/ld.so.cache and force the
search-all-the-paths mode of the dynamic linker until the end. I doubt
anyone would notice the difference.