[Rpm-maint] [rpm] Remove size limit when expanding macros (#32)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Tue Nov 17 17:50:25 UTC 2015

There is a seemingly undocumented, and not even well defined, limit on the size of a macro expansion. If more text is generated then the result of the expansion is simply truncated.

This attempts to lift that limit. It is an API/ABI breaking change to librpmio as it changes the expandMacros prototype.

Since encountering this problem and starting to write this patch I have discovered http://rpm.org/ticket/814 which refers to this problem and was suggesting adding an extra function to librpmio instead. I'm happy to go that way if people prefer.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/32

-- Commit Summary --

  * Remove size limit when expanding macros

-- File Changes --

    M build/files.c (6)
    M build/pack.c (6)
    M build/parseSpec.c (10)