[Rpm-maint] [rpm] Remove size limit when expanding macros (#32)

pmatilai notifications at github.com
Mon Nov 23 08:30:14 UTC 2015

Err, for a newly added API this seems rather strange:
+ * Expand macro into buffer.
+ * @deprecated Use rpmExpand().
+ * @todo Eliminate from API.
+ * @param spec         cookie (unused)

Also all new exported symbols should be namespaced, expandBuffer() is an ancient artifact from the early days of rpm when such things were not given much consideration. I'd also suggest dropping the unused spec argument, I dont think it was ever used by expandBuffer() either, and perhaps add a flags argument instead as a room for expansion.

---
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/32#issuecomment-158876132