[Rpm-maint] dnf repoquery --tree-requires ?

Jun Aruga jaruga at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 14:31:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

I would like to ask you whether there is a command like a "repoquery --tree-requires" to see the dependency tree on DNF command.

Where I would request new feature, is here right?
If there is better place to dot it, could you tell me?

```
$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/repoquery
yum-utils-1.1.31-508.fc23.noarch

$ repoquery --tree-requires rubygem-delayed_job
Yum-utils package has been deprecated, use dnf instead.

rubygem-delayed_job-0:4.0.6-2.fc23.noarch [cmd line]
 \_  rubygem-activesupport-1:4.2.3-3.fc23.noarch [2: rubygem(activesupport) < 5.0, rubygem(activesupport) >= 3.0]
```

If it has not been yet, I would like you to request it as the new feature for DNF,
as I have checked a manual document about "dnf repoquery", I could not find it.
https://rpm-software-management.github.io/dnf-plugins-core/repoquery.html

Below option looks good.

```
$ dnf repoquery --tree-requires package_name
```

Thanks.
Best regards,
Jun Aruga