[Rpm-maint] [rpm] Support Apache Subversion as SCM in the BUILD arena. (#55)

Andreas Scherer notifications at github.com
Thu Jan 28 16:48:51 UTC 2016

@lkardos Thanks for the hint; that syntax was new to me. In a first attempt, it indeed works from the console with `quilt` and `.zip`ped patches. However, `<(cat)` seems to be **bash** syntax. Both **debbuild** and **rpmbuild** use `#!/bin/sh` as the executing shell interpreter, which – at least on my two systems – resolves to **dash** and results in a 'syntax error' at the opening parenthesis, when used in the `%__scm_apply_{quilt|svn}` macros. Manually running the scripts with **bash** works OK.

Although I _could_ modify the script generation in **debbuild** to use `#!/bin/bash`, I don't know how easily **rpmbuild** could be modified accordingly. And, of course, using **bash** as executing shell would totally defeat the purpose of **dash** in the first place.

---
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/55#issuecomment-176278885