[Rpm-maint] RPM 4.13.0 rc2 released

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 00:42:31 UTC 2016

On 20 October 2016 at 15:32, Panu Matilainen <pmatilai at redhat.com> wrote:
> After couple of weeks of headache from trying to sort this out somehow, here comes 4.13.0 rc2.
>
> As explained earlier [1], in order to get the release train back on track, pronto, this is mostly just a collection of backports that distros have actually been running in the meanwhile rather than considering all the commits in master by importance as I'd normally do. Plus a few patches based on the feedback I got here. And some security fixes. Yeah, those. Some of 'em have barely hatched and have little real world exposure, but can't be helped. If we'll need rc3 then we'll have rc3, it's not the end of the world. Just bleeping annoying. But on with the show.
>
> In this slot it normally says go to rpm.org release page for details but rpm.org Trac is not letting me in. I'll be damned before I let that aging s***box (soap! it says soap!) prevent me from doing this release and doing so right now. So we'll do it the old-fashiened way then:
>
> The tarball is at http://rpm.org/releases/testing/rpm-4.13.0-rc2.tar.bz2
> and the SHA1SUM is 58dfe53cceb49d76315492d25efa8231b5fcf1fb.

(...)

> Please test and report any anomalies. From rc2 to final only regression fixes will be allowed. Unless of course something really strange comes up, you never know. Or I forgot something absolutely vital. THAT would not count as a strange incident though.

Humm.... Testsuite won't pass....
2 tests are failing because of missing files...
Please apply the attached patch
It fixes:
84: rpmbuild debuginfo dwz                          FAILED (rpmbuild.at:396)
86: rpmbuild implicit suid binary                   FAILED (rpmbuild.at:509)

After that, 2 unexpected failures remain:

 85: rpmbuild debuginfo dwz gnu_debuglink crc        FAILED (rpmbuild.at:468)
277: spec parse                                      FAILED (rpmpython.at:70)