[Rpm-maint] RPM 4.14.0 alpha released!
pmatilai at redhat.com
Thu Aug 10 17:39:41 UTC 2017
In short, RPM 4.14.0 alpha is out now. We had to cut off some planned
features in order to not slip ad finitum, but there's plenty of new good
as it is anyway. Some highlights:
- Major revamp of debuginfo packages
- Major macro engine changes to sanitize and improve the "language"
- Parametric macro arguments are expanded
- Scoping is enforced for automatic macros
- Buggy "block level" scoping is gone, only macros defined inside
parametric macros are considered local
- Major rewrite of package/header reading and signature checking to
utilize a single codepath
- A configurable mode to conserve SSD disks
- Weak dependencies are taken into account when ordering
- Support for with/without rich dependencies
- ...and many other enhancements and numerous bugfixes all over the
Further details & download info at (but currently WIP)
Please test as much as possible. And be aware, the macro changes are
practically bound to break something somewhere.
On behalf of the rpm-team,
- Panu -
More information about the Rpm-maint