[Rpm-maint] RPM 4.14.0 release candidate 1 released!

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at redhat.com
Wed Sep 6 15:36:03 UTC 2017

"... but what happened to the beta?", I hear you ask.

Well, we skipped it.

To cut to the chase, the highlights since the alpha include:
- Support for 'unless' rich dependencies
- Ensure header is present in callback events
- Macro argument quoting changed to be much more compatible
- Experimental LMDB backend
- Misc bugfixes and minor enhancements

More details etc yadda yadda at the usual place:

	http://rpm.org/wiki/Releases/4.14.0

Being into RC territory also means we're feature frozen for 4.14.0 now.
Really.

OTOH flood gates at git master are open again. We're seeing an entirely
unprecedented amount of contributions these days, so much so we tend to
get a bit overwhelmed by it all. Try to bear with us, and thanks.

On behalf of the rpm-team,