[Rpm-maint] RFC: extend package versioning

Vladimir D. Seleznev vseleznv at altlinux.org
Tue Oct 23 05:48:17 UTC 2018

Hello, rpm-maint@!

There are series of patches that extend package versioning with disttag
and new tag extensions. This is important for ALT ecosystem cause disttag
is using as one of package version build identifier. That means that the
NEVR isn't unique for the binary package builds (but it *is* unique for
the source packages of course) in ALT repos. We should distinguish
visually packages from different builds, as well as we should be able to
make some operation with a package from certain build (erase it for
example).

These patches make the rpm utility to

* print name-[epoch:]version-release[-disttag].arch where it makes
sense; if disttag value is empty, rpm prints
name-[epoch:]version-release.arch;
* take name[-[epoch:]version[-release[-disttag]]][.arch] as an argument
for some package operations such as erasing.

Please, comment.

--
  With best regards,
  Vladimir D. Seleznev