[Rpm-maint] [Rpm-announce] RPM 4.15.0 rc1 released!

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 11:00:27 UTC 2019

Le mer. 28 août 2019 à 12:28, Panu Matilainen <pmatilai at redhat.com> a
écrit :

> A wee bit late from the original schedule but at least in the same month
> still, here comes the first and hopefully last release candidate for
> 4.15.0.
>
> The main highlights since beta are:
> - Fixed out of order build output
> - Fixed memory exhaustion during build on 32bit platforms
> - Added %{expr:...} macro for evaluating expressions (into strings)
> - Assorted other bug fixes
>
> As usual, details and download info at:
>
>      https://rpm.org/wiki/Releases/4.15.0
>
> Unless some major drama comes up, I expect this to become the final
> release in a couple of weeks.

There's an issue with the python bindings: with the new "rpmdsIsReverse":

$ python3
(...)
>>> import rpm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/rpm/__init__.py", line 38, in
<module>
    from rpm._rpm import *
ImportError: /usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/rpm/_
rpm.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so: undefined symbol: rpmdsIsReverse