[Rpm-maint] [Rpm-announce] RPM 4.15.0 rc1 released!

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 12:09:53 UTC 2019

Le sam. 31 août 2019 à 13:00, Thierry Vignaud <thierry.vignaud at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> A wee bit late from the original schedule but at least in the same month
>
>> still, here comes the first and hopefully last release candidate for
>> 4.15.0.
>>
>> The main highlights since beta are:
>> - Fixed out of order build output
>> - Fixed memory exhaustion during build on 32bit platforms
>> - Added %{expr:...} macro for evaluating expressions (into strings)
>> - Assorted other bug fixes
>>
>> As usual, details and download info at:
>>
>>      https://rpm.org/wiki/Releases/4.15.0
>>
>> Unless some major drama comes up, I expect this to become the final
>> release in a couple of weeks.
>

> There's an issue with the python bindings: with the new "rpmdsIsReverse":
>
> $ python3
> (...)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/rpm/__init__.py", line 38, in
> <module>
>     from rpm._rpm import *
> ImportError: /usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/rpm/_
> rpm.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so: undefined symbol: rpmdsIsReverse

Interestingly, I noted that python[23]-rpm-4.15.0-0.rc1 were linked against
librpm*.so.8 instead of .9.
Rebuilding rpm-4.15 against itself fixes it (aka upgrading first the system
rpm to 4.15 before building rpm again).
So the real issue is that the python modules link against system librpm*
instead of the just built librpm*