[Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] RFE: provide a mecanism to store buildroot composition in the srpm or a specific subpackage (#607)

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Wed May 1 19:43:08 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 01, 2019 at 12:56:39AM -0700, nim-nim wrote:
> It turns out that even an historic package like elfutils has to hack this in `%check` because it's not done by default.

I was wondering what this was referring to and I think you mean:

%check
# Record some build root versions in build.log
uname -r; rpm -q glibc

It is indeed useful to know the kernel (and glibc) version that the
elfutils testsuite is been run against. Especially since it contains
various testcases for core dumps as produced by the kernel, which
contain CFI as produced by the glibc version.