[Rpm-maint] Using RPM with NDB on macOS

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at redhat.com
Tue Oct 22 09:11:34 UTC 2019

On 10/21/19 12:43 PM, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On 10/20/19 3:47 AM, Neal Gompa wrote:
>> My current plan is to at least get to the point where I can try
>> working with the solv(1) demo program included in libsolv, and then
>> proceed from there. At least with the DNF stack, there's still the
>> problem that it assumes bdb[6] and specific rpmdb paths. I'd like to
>> get to the point that I could use MicroDNF[7]...
>>
>> [1]:
>> https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/899#issuecomment-543129651
>>
>> [2]: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/issues/334
>> [3]:
>> https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/commit/3625ca14c752fa229c79891fcc6374df40b5b588
>>
>> [4]: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/907
>> [5]:
>> https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/compare/rpm-4.15.x...Conan-Kudo:rpm-4.15.0-osx-ndb
>>
>> [6]: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/libdnf/issues/362
>> [7]: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/microdnf
>>

> Add https://github.com/openSUSE/libsolv/issues/354 to the list, it's
> essentially the very same thing as libdnf ticket #362.

I've dnf running on top of sqlite rpmdb now. For sqlite this is rpm from
git master, but for other backends, released rpm versions can be used.

libsolv upstream has the necessary bits, I'm testing on 0.7.7 for which
you'll need to have these:
-
https://github.com/openSUSE/libsolv/commit/94df5d6bf2eec3fc555550307342e250e2b842c6
-
https://github.com/openSUSE/libsolv/commit/ea037722b0f2a1afc8416e08b36fd498a8bb14c4

In addition, libdnf minimally needs this (the rpmdb caching wont be
functional but it'll at least work), tested against libdnf-0.35.5:
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/libdnf/pull/824