[Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] debugedit: Implement DWARF-5. (#1332)

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Mon Aug 17 08:57:59 UTC 2020

Hi Jan,

On Sun, 2020-08-16 at 15:02 -0700, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> -- Commit Summary --
>
>   * debugedit: Implement DWARF-5.
>
> -- File Changes --
>
>     M tests/debugedit.at (249)
>     M tools/debugedit.c (914)
>
> -- Patch Links --
>
> https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1332.patch
> https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/1332.diff

Although I can chase down the links to github, I personally find simple
patches to the list easier to review than having to chase links to
github.

The commit summary is "Implement DWARF-5", but it mixes that plus
support for an alternative compiler and debug-types in one commit.
Would it be possible to split this in 3 patches, one for basic DWARF-5
support, one for testing against an alternative compiler (which I
assume also includes an alternative .debug_line representation from
what gcc produces) and one for debug-types in DWARF5? That would make
reviewing this simpler.

Thanks,

Mark