[Rpm-maint] [rpm-software-management/rpm] DWARF-5 support in debugedit (#1537)

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Tue Feb 16 09:17:48 UTC 2021

Hi Jan,

On Tue, 2021-02-16 at 00:16 -0800, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> The patchset regressed against my version as it no longer tests
> rpmbuild compatibility with LLVM product as required by paying
> customers of Red Hat company.

Unfortunately they did because I rewrote the tests so they didn't
require the llvm-toolset tools to run and made them independent of the
version of DWARF emitted by the compiler so that they work using either
older or newer gcc and binutils versions installed on the system.

Untested, but you can probably improve on that experience by changing
the gcc invocations inside the RPM_DEBUGEDIT_SETUP m4 macro (which is
just a shell script snippet) to use ${CC} instead. That should pick up
the CC setup by configure. That might also help people trying to build
and test rpm in a cross-compiler situation.

Cheers,

Mark